Please see our current events
Dear Boxborough Democrat:
If you're new to Boxborough, have lived here a lifetime, or somewhere in-between, we'd like to invite you to participate in supporting and advancing the principals ofthe Democratic Party through the Boxborough Democratic Town Committee (DTC).
The Boxborough DTC works to support Democratic political candidates at the local, state and national levels. We encourage voter registration and participation in town governance. We sponsor debates and bring speakers to Boxborough to discuss issues of interest to voters. We coordinate volunteers for letter writing, phone calls, visibility (sign holding), fund raising and distributing campaign literature. We also organize the town's Democratic caucus to elect delegates to the Massachusetts State Democratic Convention.
So if you're a registered Democrat, please consider joining us at one of our regular meetings on the third Wednesday of the month at 7:30 PM. For more information, please contact Susan Bak (smbak55 @ gmail.com). Your participation is the key to representative government. Democratically yours,
The Boxborough Democrat Town Committee
- That government exists to strengthen individuals, families and communities
- That discrimination based on race, gender, sexuality, religion, age and disability
has no place in our communities.
- That everyone should have access to high quality educational opportunities
from birth through adulthood. Massachusetts Democrats are committed to
investing in public education because we know that it is the cornerstone of our
society, our democracy and our economic future.
- That healthcare is a basic human right and that high quality and affordable
health care should be accessible to all.
- That investments in high-quality health care, education, housing and
infrastructure are essential components of our economic recovery and
- Safeguarding the health of our citizens, protecting natural ecosystems, and
catalyzing green economic growth. We believe that people have the right to
clean air, clean water, and a safe and healthy environment.
- That our system ofroads, bridges, ports, airports and transit should be wellmaintained
and built to promote economic development, connect workers with
jobs and knit together our communities.
- That every person should live in a community that is safe and crime free. We
support investments in strategies to reduce recidivism and prevent crime.
- We believe in fiscal responsibility. We believe that taxes and fees should be
fairly distributed and reasonably assessed
- That public officials should be held to the highest standards of integrity and
accountability. We believe that government should be open and inclusive